Amity I.T. Pty Ltd (ABN 59 660 873 631) are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with The Australian Privacy Principles Guidelines (APP) and The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (The Act).
We respect your rights and will only collect, use or disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy and The Act.
2. What is personal information?
Under The Act, Personal information is any information or an opinion about a person who is reasonably identifiable, or whose identity can be reasonably ascertained from such information or opinion.
3. What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect is on the basis of that information needed to provide various services to you. The information collected includes but may not be limited to:
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Fax numbers
- Business Categories
- Staff Details
- Computer systems used and needed
- Personal opinions
4. How do we collect and store personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways. These include but may not be limited to:
- Phone calls, emails, and other communications to you
- Direct electronic downloads from your business
- via our website
- via usage of computer systems provided by Amity I.T.
- All Personal information is stored in a secured environment, in a protected electronic data base.
- The information is stored in third party secured servers where the third party has no authorised access. While no computer system can guarantee security we have implemented all reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to assist in protecting any personal information provided. Access can only be via duly authorised staff for approved purposes, through approved computer networks.
5. Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
Personal information is collected to provide services to you as required by your business from time to time. The use of personal information collected, is determined by the circumstances for which the information is needed. Personal information will not be used other than for the purpose in which it was collected, unless your consent is given. Personal information is only disclosed to your business, with which you have an existing relationship. At no point is any personal information disclosed to an unauthorised third party, unless required to do so by law. If personal information is required to be disclosed to a third party, other than at a request at law or in providing services to you, we will obtain your consent first.
6. How can you access your personal information and seek corrections?
To access personal information and seek any necessary correction you must call, write or email us, and we will provide access to that information in accordance with The Act. In certain cases access to personal information may be refused, including where the information relates to any anticipated legal proceedings, or the request for information is frivolous. Any refusal for information will be explained. Amity I.T. reserves the right to charge you an administration fee of not less than $100.00 for providing access to your personal information. Suitable proof of identity must be provided before any access can be provided or communication entered into.
7. Does Personal information leave Australia?
No, Your information is not disclosed to any overseas party. Personal information is backed up to a secured electronic data base in Australia.
8. Queries and complaints about our handling of personal information
If you have any questions or complaints about our handling of your personal information or believe your personal information is incorrect. Please contact us as per the Contact Details below. We will respond to all questions and complaints.
9. Contact details
Please contact our Privacy Officer with any queries or complaints by:
- Attention: Privacy Officer
- Amity I.T. Pty Ltd
- Suite 1 401 High Street
- Penrith, NSW, 2750
1300 512 978 and ask for the Privacy Officer.